Monday, August 25, 2008

Almost the End

I'm back in Edmonton, and I'm happy to be here. I slept in a quiet, comfortable room in a quiet, comfortable bed, and showered in a clean, well-lit bathroom. It may sound like I'm complaining about the conditions at the Samesun Backpackers Lodge in Vancouver, but really I can sum up my experiences in Vancouver in one simple word: fantastic.
Right now I have so much to do and take care of that I don't have time to write a really great travel post on my VanCity adventures, so instead I'll tell you this:

- I took over a thousand pictures during my 9-day stay
- I cycled around Stanley Park on a rented bike
- I ran into Robin Williams in the bike shop as I was returning said rental bike
- I revelled in the splendour of 3 different professional gardens
- I cooed to a 2.5 month old baby beluga whale, regardless of how ridiculous I sounded
- I ate won ton soup with noodles and bbq pork at a legendary Chinatown restaurant
- I went out for all-u-can-eat sushi and diner-style milkshakes with an old friend and 2 new ones
- I gave a loonie to a homeless guy who held the door for me at 7-Eleven
- I saw the Vancouver skyline from 350 feet above the city in the sun and after dark
- I wouldn't have done a single thing differently


-Laur

No comments: