Sunday, August 3, 2008

Trepidation

Wow, I am getting SO BAD AT THIS! I really don't mean to leave so long between posts, but I'm so darn busy all the time, and dun dun duuuuuun...my laptop is giving me some serious trouble. It seems about time to get a new one. Oh boy.
So in the last 10 days I have...seen the Dark Knight with Uncle Jim, gone shopping with Auntie Brenda, played with three cats who were not mine (boohoo, miss my babies) at Leslie's house, gone to Calgary to see Janie, driven Auntie Bren to the airport while trying not to be insanely jealous of the fact that she was going to the cottage when she got to Toronto, gone to Heritage Fest with Nicole Nicole Nicoleeeee and last but not lease, booked my flight to Vancouver!
Now comes the tricky part: I have no where to stay in Vancouver. At least no where free. Hmmm. I'm going to Nanaimo first to kind of put off not having a place to stay in Vancouver, but I don't even leave until the 15th so I really need to get my act together and make some sort of plan. Does anyone have any ideas? Keep in mind I'm on a budget and I really don't want this trip to cost as much as, let's say, Cancun for 7 days.
When I get back from BC I'll have about a day to turn around, pack my stuff up and get ready to go home on the 26th. I simply cannot believe how fast this summer has flown by. It seems like only yesterday I was walking into Safeway and interviewing for my job in the floral department. In a few short days I will have been working there for 3 months.
Oh the stories I'll tell when I'm back in T.O.

Hope everyone there is having a delightful Caribana weekend. It's frickin' cold over here.

-Laur

No comments: