Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Musk-rat?

Nicole and I went to the Servus Heritage Festival in Hawrelak Park a few weeks ago and we had a blast. One of the most fun moments was chilling by the river and feeding Honey Bunches of Oats to overeager ducks AND dun dun duuuuun...a muskrat. Why is it called a muskrat? We didn't smell anything musky when it came near us. It looked more like a beaver with the wrong tail. And it was a fast swimmer; I wasn't fast enough to whip out my camera and take a picture of it swimming across the river with a mouth full of a river grass for its nest. Very cute.
Then in front of the Scandinavian pavillion there were these trolls. If I were a child, like the one in the picture, I would be running for my life from those warty giants. As a 21 year old woman I almost ran screaming. I got close enough to take this picture, get a few explanations about the trolls' presence at the fest, and then booked it back to the Vietnam pavillion for some DELICIOUS beef skewer and hot pork spring rolls.
I love this face. Honestly. Already missing you, babe.
Here I am, in all my squinty glory, picking rhubarb in the backyard. It was HOT that week. I loved every second of it.

I'm just taking a break from packing because tomorrow night I have to clean the bathroom and vacuum in order to be ready for Friday morning. SO EXCITED!

-Laur

No comments: