Friday, August 15, 2008

So soon...

The Muamar family returned from Egypt on Wednesday, and on Thursday morning Rachael was kind enough to have us over for tea to celebrate their return.
Shireen managed to get even more gorgeous while they were away. It astounds me. I couldn't catch Hanna, as she was too fast for me. She's also gorgeous, and I think she had a good time.
This picture is on the way home from my WEM adventure with Nicole. We were both tired and a bit sore from crashing through the waves for 2 hours, but it was definitely worth it.
An update:

My possible accomodation plans in Vancouver fell through so I've booked 4 nights at the SameSun Backpacker Lodge in downtown Vancouver, at 1018 Granville Street near Nelson. It's in a co-ed dorm, but the price was right and I could get all 4 nights there without a fuss.

I've never done anything like this before, but seeing as I'm staying with Uncle Jim, a world-class budget traveler, for 4 days before I head back to VanCity, I know I'll get lots of awesome tips and tricks to help make my stay famous.

I should be asleep right now but I'm just too excited! When I couldn't buzz around anymore I watched the extended version of Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous, a DVD I wisely brought with me. It helped calm me down, and now at 1:30 am, I'm ready for sleep. In 5.5 hours I'm going to get up, shower, vacuum the basement, pack some lunch and snacks into my trusty red MEC backpack, and head to the airport. My boarding pass is printed, my bag is full to bursting, and I am so excited for the adventure that awaits me.


I'll blog, possibly with photos, if I can. Otherwise, talk to y'all on the 24th :D


-Laur

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so PROUD of you.
Mom