Monday, August 11, 2008

No sleep

So it's 12:25 am, I've got a summer cold, and I can't sleep. I burned a CD of pictures for Keerti so I can finally give them to her and beg forgiveness for putting it off so long, and then I surfed around the web for a while, and now I'm blogging.
I'm obsessing, actually, about my current living non-arrangements for while I'm in Vancouver. The Nanaimo part is easy because Uncle Jim is there, but VanCity? Not so much. It's starting to get to me, this not-knowing business. Sometimes I like to fool myself into thinking that I'm a spontaneous, exciting woman, but I have to tell you, it's not happening. I need to know how everything works and if the plan is up to date or not. The plan is stalled. I'm anxious. Good times.
Meanwhile, my departure date is getting closer and closer, and I have everything planned right up to how I'm getting back to Vancouver from Nanaimo. That can be solved by buying a Greyhound ticket, but if y'all haven't been living under a rock lately, the Greyhound has recently collected a few no-so-legendy urban tales. About beheadings and dismemberments. I'm not a silly girl, but that kind of thing shakes me up a little bit. I guess I just won't sleep on the bus.
On a lighter note, Rebecca, Sami, Hannah and Shireen get back from Egypt on Wednesday! I'm so glad I get to see them before I leave. Gramma and I are invited to tea at Rachael's house on Thursday morning so we can hear of adventures and the like. I can't wait!
I also have to report that I spent a lovely evening with my manager at the floral department, Connie, on Friday. We went to her new house on her acreage in Sherwood Park and had iced tea on the back deck, and then we went for sushi and a movie at South Common. We saw Mamma Mia and ate too much popcorn. It was fantastic. I'm really going to miss her.
Okay, time for another go at this sleep thing!

-Laur

No comments: